torsdag 24 januari 2008

Africa Reading Challenge

Just heard from Filip about this guy who started an African reading challenge on his blog, and now I decided to join as well. Excellent idea about quite a forgotten continent, especially on a literary level. I ran straight to my book shelves and managed to take out a stack of six books that I haven't yet read. And I will definately leave comments on books I have already read, since I started an inofficial personal African reading challenge some time ago, something that intensified after I started working with Sudan.

So, my reading list is:
1. Ngozi Adichie, Chimamanda, Half of a Yellow Sun (2006, Nigeria)
2. Jok Madut Jok, Sudan - Race, religion and Violence (2007, Sudan)
3. Dangarembga, Tsitsi, Nervous Conditions (1988, Zimbabwe)
4. Beyala, Calixthe, Les Arbres en perlent encore (in Swedish) (2002?, Cameroon)
5. Dugard, Martin, Into Africa (2003, about Dr Livingstone and Stanley)
6. Hochschild, Adam, King Leopold's Ghost (1998, about Kongo)

1 kommentar:

Filip Tufvesson sa...

Great you're joining us!

I've been meaning to read King Leopold's Ghost since it came out, heard it's really good. Might add that to my list and drop one of the Coetzee's...